Scanner Radio – Police Scanner -v6.16.1
Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, NOAA weather radio stations, ham radio repeaters, air traffic, and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 2000 listeners (to find out about major events and breaking news).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners (those that have the most listeners).
• View scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, aviation, railroad, marine, weather, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
Receive a notification anytime:
• …any scanner in the directory has more than 2000 listeners (configurable).
• …a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners.
• …a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• …a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
• …a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
Using the notifications feature is a great way to find out about breaking news events before they're covered in the media.
Below are the benefits of upgrading to Scanner Radio Pro:
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors.
• Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (instead of 15 minutes).
• Ability to record what you're hearing.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments and 911 dispatch centers themselves) for Broadcastify and a few other sites using real police scanners, ham radios, weather radios, and marine radios and is the same as what you'd hear using your own police scanner.
Some of the more popular departments that you can listen to using the app include NYPD, FDNY, LAPD, and Chicago Police. During hurricane season it can be useful to listen to ham radio "hurricane net" scanners which contain weather conditions and damage reports when hurricanes and tropical storms are approaching or making landfall as well as NOAA weather radio scanners.
Interested in providing scanner radio audio for your area? If so, you'll need a real scanner radio, a computer, and a cable to get the audio from the scanner to the computer. Once you have that, program the scanner to monitor what you'd like to make available from your area (police dispatch channels, fire departments, 911 centers, ham radio repeaters, a NOAA weather radio station, etc). If someone in your area is providing a feed that contains both police and fire you could provide a feed that contains only police, only fire, or one that covers only certain districts/precincts. Next, go to Broadcastify.com's web site and click on the Broadcast button to sign-up (it's completely free) to provide scanner audio for your area. As a provider you'll have complete access to the audio archives for all of the scanner feeds they host.
Scanner Radio has been featured in:
• The "Amazing Android Apps for Dummies" book
• Android Authority's "5 Best Police Scanner Apps for Android" article
• The Droid Guy's "7 Best Police Scanner Apps for Free on Android" article
• Make Tech Easier's "4 of the Best Police Scanner Apps for Android" article
Scanner Radio – Police Scanner -v6.16.1 Free Apk Download
Scanner Radio – Police Scanner